Your privacy is important to us!
Ebiexperts is a service provided by Ebiexperts Limited.
These definitions should help you understand this policy: When we say “we”, “us”, “our”, “Ebi”, “ebiexperts” and Ebiexperts we are referring to Ebiexperts Limited a Swiss private, proprietary limited company.
This privacy statement explains what personal data we collect from you, through our interactions with you and through our products, and how we use that data.
This statement applies to our interactions with you, and products listed, as well as other products that display this statement.
Questions & Concerns
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Information we hold, or you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please use our contact form to send us a message. You may also contact us by postal mail or email at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
Route du Prey 55, 1614 Granges (Veveyse), Switzerland
Information We Collect
- Services may or may not involve the collection and storage of data about companies and/or individuals.
You can choose not to provide your personal information to us, but that may mean that we are unable to provide you with a service.
We refer to the following type users within our policy:
- Please read our (Data Collected for and by our Users)section of this policy on the User’s responsibility for sub-user information
We may collect personal information when you:
- Register and or subscribe to services
- Use the services
- Post on any communities and blogs or other public forums
- Contact our support teams
- Send us emails
- Visit our site or portal
- Integrate our service with other systems or services
- communicate with us in any way, you are voluntarily giving us information that we collect.
We collect, store and use your personal data
We collect personal data in order to render services you may request. We may use personal information you provided for the purposes related to provision of such services including but not limited to:
- Verify your identity
- Administer the service
- Notify you of any updates and changes to the, and, services offered
- Provide necessary marketing and training related to the services
- Assist with the provision of technical and other support services
- Comply with laws and regulations in the applicable jurisdictions
- Communicate with you
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We may use and disclose Personal Information only for the following purposes:
- (b) To send you informational and promotional content in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
- (c) To bill and collect money owed to us by our users. This includes sending you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, and alerting you if we need a different credit card number. We use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments. To learn more about the steps we take to safeguard that data, see Section on Security below.
- (e) To communicate with our users about their account and provide customer support.
- (g) To protect the rights and safety of our sub-user and third parties, as well as our own.
- (h) To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- (i) To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- (j) To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- (k) To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- (l) To provide, support, and improve the Services we offer. This includes our use of the data that users provide us in order to enable our users to use the services to communicate with their sub-users. This also includes, for example, aggregating information from your use of the services or visit to our websites and sharing this information with third parties to improve our services. This might also include sharing your information or the information you provide us about your sub-users with third parties in order to provide and support our services or to make certain features of the services available to you. When we do have to share Personal Information with third parties, we take steps to protect your information by requiring these third parties to enter into a contract with us that requires them to use the Personal Information we transfer to them in a manner that is consistent with this policy.
Data Collected for and by our Users
As you use our services, you may import into our system Personal Information you have collected from your sub-user or other individuals. We have no direct relationship with your sub-users or any person other than you, and for that reason, you are responsible for making sure you have the appropriate permission for us to collect and process information about those individuals. Consistent with the uses of Personal Information covered in Section (Use and Disclosure of Personal Information)below, we may transfer Personal Information of you or your sub-users to companies that help us promote, provide, or support our services or the services of our users (“Service Providers”). All Service Providers enter into a contract with us that protects Personal Information and restricts their use of any Personal Information consistent with this policy. As part of our Services, we may use and incorporate into features information you have provided, we have collected from you, or we have collected about sub-users. We may share this information, including sub-user email addresses, with third parties in line with the approved uses in Section (Use and Disclosure of Personal Information) below.
If you are a sub-user and no longer want to be contacted by one of our user, please unsubscribe directly from that newsletter or contact the user directly to update or delete your data. If you contact us, we may remove or update your information within a reasonable time and after providing notice to the user of your request. We will retain Personal Information we process on behalf of our users for as long as needed to provide our services or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our agreements.
Information We Collect Automatically
We may receive information about how and when you use the services, store it in log files or other types of files associated with your account, and link it to other information we collect about you. This information may include, for example, your IP address, time, date, browser used, and actions you have taken within the application. This type of information helps us to improve our services for both you and for all of our users.
In providing the service, we may utilize “cookies”. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer for record-keeping purposes. A cookie does not identify you personally or contain any other information about you, but it does identify your computer.
We and some of our affiliates and third-party service providers may use a combination of “persistent cookies” (cookies that remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time) and “session ID cookies” (cookies that expire when you close your browser) on the Website to, for example, track overall site usage, and track and report on your use and interaction with ad impressions and ad services.
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie so that you will have an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance. However, you should note that refusing cookies may have a negative impact on the functionality and usability of the service.
We do not respond to or honour “Do Not Track” requests at this time.
We or our marketing Service Providers may use web beacons on our websites and in our emails. When we send emails to registered users and subscribers, we may track behavior such as who opened the emails and who clicked the links. This allows us to measure the performance of our email campaigns and to improve our features for specific segments of users. To do this, we include single pixel gifs, also called web beacons, in emails we send. Web beacons allow us to collect information about when you open the email, your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details. We also include Web Beacons in the emails we deliver for you. We use the data from those Web Beacons to create reports about how your email campaign performed and what actions your all relevant users took. Reports are also available to us when we send email to you, so we may collect and review that information.
Information from other sources:
From time to time we may obtain information about you or your sub-users from third party sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, third party data providers and our joint marketing partners. We take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally permitted or required to disclose such information to us. Examples of the information we may receive from other sources include: demographic information, device information (such as IP addresses), location, and online behavioral data (such as information about your use of social media websites, page view information and search results and links). We use this information, alone or in combination with other information (including Personal Information) we collect, to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing and content to you and to develop and provide you with more relevant products features, and services.
Information from the use of our Mobile Apps:
When you use our mobile apps, we may collect certain information in addition to information described elsewhere in this Policy. For example, we may collect information about the type of device and operating system you use. We may ask you if you want to receive push notifications about activity in your account. If you have opted in to these notifications and no longer want to receive them, you may turn them off through your operating system. We do not ask for, access or track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our Mobile Apps or Services. We may use mobile analytics software to better understand how people use our application. We may collect information about how often you use the application and other performance data.
Combined and Aggregated Information:
- Assist us to better understand our customer’s use of the service
- Provide our customers with further information regarding the uses, value, benefits and information on the service
- Enhance customer productivity, including creating useful business insights from aggregated data, and allowing benchmarking your data against that aggregated data, and
- Improve the service
Public Information and Third Party Websites
- (a) Blog. We may have public blogs on our websites. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you want it removed, contact us here. If we are unable to remove your information, we will tell you why.
- (b) Social media platforms and widgets. Our websites include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. We also maintain presences on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn at present. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
We may disclose Personal Information to the following types of third parties for the purposes described in this policy:
- (a) Service Providers. Sometimes, we share your information with our third party Service Providers, who help us provide and support our services. For example, if it is necessary to provide you something you have requested (like enable a feature such as Social Media Integration), then we may share your and/or your sub-users’ Personal Information with a Service Provider for that purpose. Just like with the other third parties we work with, these third party Service Providers enter into a contract that requires them to use your Personal Information only for the provision of services to us and in a manner that is consistent with this policy. Examples of Service Providers include payment processors, hosting services and content delivery services.
Contest and Offers
We may, from time to time, offer surveys, contests, special offers, or other promotions on our websites or through social media (collectively “Our Promotions”). Participation in our Promotions is completely voluntary. Information requested for entry may include personal contact information such as your name, address, date of birth, phone number, email address, username, and similar details. We use the information you provide to administer our Promotions. We may also, unless prohibited by the Promotion’s rules or law, use the information provided to communicate with you, or other people you select, about our Services. We may share this information with our affiliates and other organizations or Service Providers in line with this policy and the rules posted for the Promotion.
We store your personal information on servers located inEuropean Union (EU)
We use best in class data hosting providers (OVH)to host our services on servers located in European Union (EU). Should you not be a resident of such EU countries it would mean that your personal information will be transferred to these countries/regions. We have the necessary transfer mechanisms in place with our third party providers that satisfy the requirements related to our transfer of data from other countries and regions.
By providing personal information you consent to such personal information being hosted on servers located in the EU. Each data hosting provider’s role is limited to providing a hosting and storage service to us and have taken provisions to ensure our providers do not have access to personal information. The data may be hosted in EU but is always remain within our control. Our hosting partners may not control and are not permitted to access or use your personal information, except for the limited purpose of storing the provided information. This means that we do not “disclose” personal information to third parties located overseas.
Should you not wish your personal data to be transferred to servers in EU, you should not provide us with your personal information or use the service.
Protecting your personal details
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information and we take all reasonable precautions to protect it from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Your personal information is stored on secure servers that have SSL Certificates issued by leading certificate authorities, and all data transferred between the service and the user is encrypted. You can find out more about our security arrangements and our data protection measures on our security section below.
However, the Internet is not in itself a secure environment and we cannot give an absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times. Transmission of personal information over the Internet is at your own risk and you should only enter, or instruct the entering of, personal information to the service within a secure environment.
We will advise you at the first reasonable opportunity upon discovering or being advised of a security breach where your personal information is lost, stolen, accessed, used, disclosed, copied, modified, or disposed of by any unauthorised persons or in any unauthorised manner.
We only disclose Personal Information in limited circumstances
We will only disclose the personal information you have provided to us to entities outside the Ebiexperts group of companies if it is necessary and appropriate to facilitate the purpose for which your personal information was collected pursuant to this Policy, including the provision of the service.
We will not otherwise disclose your personal information to a third party unless you have provided your express consent. However, you should be aware that we may be required to disclose your personal information without your consent in order to comply with any court orders, subpoenas, or other legal process or investigation including by tax authorities, if such disclosure is required by law. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you if we are required by law to disclose your personal information.
We do not store credit card details
If you choose to pay for the service by credit card, your credit card details are not stored by the service and cannot be accessed by our staff. Your credit card details are encrypted and securely stored by the authorised payment gateway service utilized to enable us to automatically bill your credit card on a recurring basis.
You may request access to your personal information
It is your responsibility to ensure that the personal information you provide to us is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You may request access to the information we hold about you, or request that we update or correct any personal information we hold about you, by setting out your request in writing and sending it to us at email@example.com
We will process your request as soon as reasonably possible, provided we are not otherwise prevented from doing so on legal grounds. If we are unable to meet your request, we will let you know why. For example, it may be necessary for us to deny your request if it would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy or affairs of other individuals, or if it is not reasonable and practical for us to process your request in the manner you have requested. In some circumstances, it may be necessary for us to seek to arrange access to your personal information through a mutually agreed intermediary (for example, a sub-user).
We’ll only keep your personal information for as long as we require it for the purposes of providing you with the service. However, we may also be required to keep some of your personal information for specified periods of time, for example under certain laws relating to corporations, money laundering, and financial reporting legislation.
You can opt-out of any email communications
We send billing information, product information, service updates and service notifications to you via email. Our emails will contain clear and obvious instructions describing how you can choose to be removed from any mailing list not essential to the service. We will remove you at your request.
You are responsible for transfer of your data to third-party applications
Notice of Breach of Security
If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you or sub-users, then we will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
Safeguarding Your Information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information.
Our credit card processing vendor uses security measures to protect your information both during the transaction and after it is complete. Our vendor is certified as compliant with card association security initiatives. If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Information, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Most of our service accounts require a username and password to log in.
You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party. Because the information in your service and sub-users is so sensitive, account passwords are encrypted, which means we cannot see your passwords. We cannot resend forgotten passwords either. We will only reset them.
We have a privacy complaints process
If You wish to complain about how we have handled your personal information, please provide our Privacy Officer with full details of your complaint and any supporting documentation:
- by e-mail at email@example.com, or
- by letter to Route du Prey 55, 1614 Granges (Veveyse) Switzerland
Our Privacy Officer will endeavour to:
- provide an initial response to your query or complaint within 10 business days, and
- investigate and attempt to resolve your query or complaint within 30 business days or such longer period as is necessary and notified to you by our Privacy Officer.
This policy may be updated from time to time
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time, and any amended Policy is effective upon posting to this website. We will make every effort to communicate any significant changes to you via email or notification via the service.
Your continued use of the service will be deemed acceptance of any amended Policy.
Last updated: September 2021